Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

do you put a comma before because

In general, you may use a comma before "because" in certain situations.

A comma is usually used before "because" when it is used as a subordinating conjunction at the beginning of a dependent clause, which means it is introducing a reason for the main clause. For example: "I couldn't attend the meeting, because I was sick."

However, you do not typically use a comma before "because" when it is used to connect two independent clauses. For example: "I couldn't attend the meeting because I was sick, and my boss wasn't happy about it."

In summary, whether or not to use a comma before "because" depends on its placement in a sentence and the grammatical relationship between the clauses it connects.




Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement